Saturday, January 22, 2011

First Optional Weigh-in

Today I learned that since my initial weigh-in I have lost 2.2 pounds, or .01% of my starting body weight on January 4th. Based on Shirley's experience I wasn't expecting any weight loss. The fact that I am building muscle, which weighs more than fat, is something my aching body reminds me of on a daily basis. :))

Last weekend I met Kim and Tony Leach, who were part of the winning team in 2009. They still look terrific! Tony said he too worked out with Zee, and is now able to do things he could never have done before he started his weight-loss journey.

Last night while running on the treadmill. the sides of my back started to ache horribly. Zee said that's where my kidneys are located. He asked how much water I drank that day, and I had to confess it had only been about l cup. He said my kidneys need water. I think I learned my lesson. I collapsed on the sofa when I got home and was unable to do much of anything for the rest of the evening.

I had found myself moaning, "Oh God" as Zee led me through 18 different exercises, 20 repetitions each. I pointed out to Zee that I was appealing to the Deity for help while being tortured. Zee said he knows the Deity well, to which I responded, "Yes, I believe you're the one he threw out of heaven." Zee was unapologetic. lol

Some of the people weighing in have done incredibly well. It's a joy to watch their enthusiasm.

1 comment:

Bethany said...

Good job! A 2.2 pounds less is 2.2 pounds less... less is good!

I noticed this week that as I get stronger the amount of calories burned with each exercise is increasing quite a bit...

Snowballs start small but if you keep on rollin' they can turn into something grand!

I think thats all we need is determination and patience :)