Monday, February 7, 2011

First month of Donate the Weight

After 1 month I have lost a total of 2.6 pounds. Not exactly what weight loss-dreams are made of! My clothes fit me better, so I know there have been some changes to my body, but the process is painfully slow. If it's due to the fact that I've been building muscle to burn fat, and muscle weighs more than fat, I am totally ready to see the muscle start doing its thing!

Shirley said it took her 6 weeks to start seeing results, after which she sometimes lost 10 pounds a month. So I'm hangin' in there. Actually, I'm committed to this process no matter how long it takes, as I am determined to win this battle. In the meantime, exercise and a proper diet can only make me healthier.

Zee pointed out that Shirley was not hampered by motion sickness, and she did more than just work out three times a week. So I guess I have to step it up (no pun intended). I will walk/run the three kilometers to work and back on those days that I don't need my car to go to the gym, and on the days I have my car I will take a lunch break and walk to the bank, post-office etc. I'm not looking forward to it, but I'll do it.

I've been drinking 8 glasses of water (most) days, and am eating 5 or 6 times a day, consuming only whole grains, lean protein, fruit, vegetables and healthy fats, with nothing after 6:30 (even though I can barely drag myself off the sofa by 6:30 after returning from the gym on the days I work out). But perhaps I am eating too much of those good things. So I'll start tracking everything I eat and see exactly how many calories I'm actually consuming on a daily basis. Zee suggested I take CLA, and since there is not a weight loss aid available that I have not tried at one time or another, I'll check my abandoned stock of remedies to find some CLA.

Yesterday I found and purchased a proper size exercise ball for my height. The balls at the gym are bigger than I am, and trying to use them is difficult at best. I inflated and tried the new ball, and it is a vast improvement. It will be a welcome relief not to be floundering around the exercise floor like a beached whale as the ball escapes my grasp or wobbles around the room while I teeter on the edge. Sometimes I catch a gimpse of myself and am grateful for the fact I am of an age where looking ridiculous no longer inhibits me the way it once did.

1 comment:

Bethany said...

Hi Danita...

I'm sorry to hear that you've been ill... this is a pretty nasty cold/flu thats going around.. it even got me and like you, I NEVER get sick! Whats with that!?

Hope you get well soon so that you don't have too much interruption in reaching your goals! I know you can do it!

I was out of town and missed the weigh in on Saturday... but I've been sick all week as well.. I think I lost muscle so the next two weeks are gonna be pretty tough...

But hey, its a lifestyle change, and theres gonna be ups and downs...

Keep up hope!